|Welcome! Rules and lyrics...
||[Mar. 31st, 2006|01:08 am]
The Classy Motherf*cker Challenge
|||||the headstones: nickels for your nightmares||]|
Welcome to The Classy Motherf*cker Challenge!
What is it?
Well it's a multi-fandom Headstones lyric challenge that will run from March 31st to June 1st.
Why The Headstones?
Well, because Hugh Dillon owns my soul. And frankly, he owns more than a little part of dayse's soul as well. And I can't write all the stories based on Headstones lyrics that I want to write even if I wrote for the next year straight. So everyone should write stories based on Headstones lyrics to make me happy!
Why The Classy Motherf*cker Challenge?
Because Hugh Dillon is a classy motherf*cker. Anyone who can write a lyric about embalming someone in lovejuice is nothing if not classy. And no, I didn't include that one, but I was sorely tempted because I know *someone* out there would have written a kick-ass story around it.
What are the rules to this little challenge?
The rules are simple. Click on the cut tag, pick out one of the 25 lyrics, write a story in any fandom (bonus points for naked!Hugh), make it 1000 words or more, and post it on June 1st. Then post a link on the master list entry and voila! Lots of stories based on lyrics by The Headstones. If you've got any questions, just contact your friendly community maintainers, visionshadows and dayse.
1. And all your best friends are people that you just met gone to dayse
You can take 'em or leave ‘em they’re sitting in this barroom
I guess that beats the hell out of loneliness
2. 18,000 miles across nowhere land gone to visionshadows
I’m scratching and I’m spitting
There ain’t nobody listening
And things are kind of getting out of hand
3. Bottom lip quivers, rage is so apparent gone to lozenger8
Don't know whether to kill or cry
Don't know whether to rebuild or to burn it
You don't know how just to say goodbye
4. Another line I whispered well gone to zeplum
Meant little to me then and less to me now
5. You’re trolling for friends gone to bohemian__storm
In a ghost town
6. If you really want to do it, do it slow gone to krysalys
Real pain is the only way to go
You've got to savour the flavour
Self-destruction's a most attainable game
7. If you say you will how can I know you won’t gone to strangecobwebs
I just can’t wait around til everything I know is gone
8. Oh, and by the way, when I talked to you that day gone to bluebrocade
I talked to all your friends and they told me everything
9. From the cathedral there’s a path down to the river gone to clannadlvr
The clouds are rolling by beneath the sidewalk simmers
10. Now I can only do so much and I will never deviate gone to joandarck
I hear myself take a deep breath
and think I must have wanted it this way
11. And then I see you gone to eledhwenlin
Claiming to be all the things
That you’re not
12. If you look away even for a second gone to liviapenn
I’m bound to kick your ass and leave you
With the wreckage
13. Calculate the damage gone to hth_the_first
Divvy up my dirty share
Take away the promises
And the complicated stares
14. Lets not drag out the details gone to soundslikej
Salt the wounds
What good would it do
15. Together they have built a world gone to tigs
A lot of it is real
And we are here to ease them through the
Parts they can't conceal
16. Cause there's one thing, that's intact gone to sageness
They're my dreams, and it's my turn to laugh
17. Enjoy the pace of a life's embrace gone to drunken_nights
Every breath you take will guide you
18. She says she hates me gone to katrin
Then later on she says she's sorry, she's sorry
19. Funny how you keep from knowing gone to refche
What's clear to no one else
20. Johnny's got a gun gone to isiscolo
Johnny's got some ammo
He lost his firing pin
A long time ago
21. Maybe you love me, maybe you won't gone to _unhurt_
You said you love me, I say you don't
22. So you seek secrets of my soul gone to lilac_one
My misery I hope you'll miss
Cast your hooks I hope you'll catch
A glimpse of blinding bliss
23. So if we live our lives together gone to china_shop
Someone's always alone
24. We caught a glimpse of everything gone to z_rayne
And no regrets just simple memories
25. I know you've got the strength gone to m00nbrain
got the strength for both of us